Yakima, Washington
First Christian Church
M.P. MÖLLER, Opus 7235, 1946 - "Original Specifications"
GREAT (Expressive) COUPLERS
8 Open Diapason 61 Swell to Pedal [8],4
8 Claribel Flute 73 Great to Pedal [8],4
8 Dulciana 73
4 Octave 73 Swell to Great 16,[8],4
4 Flute 12
4 Dulcet 12
Tremolo FINGER PISTONS
Chimes (Möller; ta-f2) (21) Full Organ 1 – 4
Swell & Pedal 1 – 4
Great 16 Great & Pedal 1 – 4
Great Unison
Great 4
FOOT LEVERS
Gt. to Ped. Reversible (rev)
SWELL (Expressive) Sforzando (rev)
16 Lieblich Bourdon 12
8 Geigen Diapason 73
8 Stopped Flute 61 SWITCHES
8 Gamba 73 S.S. Expr. On/Off
8 Gamba Celeste (tc) 61
8 Aeoline 73
4 Lieblich Flute 12 PEDAL MOVEMENTS
2-2/3 Nazard 7 Expression (bal.)
2 Flautino 5 Crescendo (bal.)
8 Trumpet 73
8 Vox Humana 61
Tremolo
Swell 16
Swell Unison
Swell 4
Action: E-P primary & unit
PEDAL (Expressive)
16 Violone 32 Voices: 13
16 Bourdon 32
16 Lieblich Bourdon (Sw) -- Stops: 25; inc. chimes
16 Dulciana (Gt) 12
8 Major Flute 12 Ranks: 13
8 Stopped Flute (Sw) --
4 Lieblich Flute (Sw) -- Pipes: 903
NOTES
The church was organized in 1880 in Yakima City - now Union Gap. The first building was built in 1881, and was dedicated on January 1, 1882. In 1885, the building was moved to North Yakima to a site on the east side of Third Street between Yakima Avenue and "A" Street. The first organ seems to have been an extant Estey reed organ of two ranks. The church's centennial history states on page 74 that in 1896 the organist was paid $4.00-per-month.
The present building was begun in 1907 and was dedicated in 1909. The church history on page 57 states, "Henry Bicknell gave $3000 for the pipe organ which was installed in the winter of 1910." This is again substantiated on page 74. The organ mentioned was built by the W.W. Kimball Co. of Chicago, IL. It was a II-manual and pedal organ with 12 ranks, and played by means of tubular-
pneumatic action. It was installed in the front of the Akron plan sanctuary, and had three façades, one facing into the congregation, one facing into the right-side choir gallery, and one in the overflow hall. It was removed by Charles W. Allen of Seattle, WA. in 1948 and was re-installed at St. Andrew's Episcopal Church in Aberdeen, WA - rebuilt on different chests and combined with a used Möller.
The new [present] Möller was installed in the same chamber previously occupied by the Kimball. The façades were replaced by wooden grilles covered in grille cloth, and the entire organ was placed under expression. The console was placed in the right choir gallery with the organist facing the grille - the congregation on the left. It is electro-pneumatically operated.
On top of the left Swell keycheek is an On/Off switch labeled "S.S. Expr." This switch connects and disconnects the overflow room shutters from the expression pedal. The top seven pipes of the three Great 4' stops break back an octave in pitch. On the Swell, the top 7 pipes of the 2' Flautino break back an octave in pitch.
Between 1980 and 1984, Harold B. Curryer of Spokane releathered the primaries and note pneumatics, but not the shifters.
Sources: M.P. Möller opus list; JRS; extant organ
[Received from James R. Stettner 2012-05-06.]