Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors, who make it possible for us to continue our mission of preserving and promoting the rich history of pipe organs across the globe.
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit
| GREAT (I)π | ||
| 16' | Bourdonπ | 46 |
| 8' | Open Diapason | 58 |
| 8' | Dulciana | 58 |
| 8' | Melodiaπ | 46 |
| 8' | Stopped Diapason Bass | 12 |
| 4' | Octave | 58 |
| 4' | Flute d'Amour | 58 |
| 2 2β3' | Twelfth | 58 |
| 2' | Fifteenth | 58 |
| 8' | Trumpet | 58 |
| 8' | Clarionetπ | 46 |
| 8' | SWELL to GREAT |
| SWELL (II - Expressive)π | ||
| 8' | Open Diapasonπ | 46 |
| 8' | Salicional | 58 |
| 8' | Stopped Diapason Trebleπ | 46 |
| 8' | Stopped Diapason Bass | 12 |
| 4' | Fugara | 58 |
| 4' | Flute Harmonic | 58 |
| 8' | Oboeπ | 46 |
| 8' | Bassoon | 12 |
| PEDALπ | ||
| 16' | Bourdon | 27 |
| 8' | Flote | 27 |
| 8' | SWELL to PEDAL | |
| 8' | GREAT to PEDAL |
Pedal Movements: Full Great except reeds; Piano Great. (Stoplist: Schnute 1997 from Tracker, alt.)
Originally Written/Published: 1997
Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
From the church history web page:
UCFβs pipe organ was built in 1871 by William A. Johnson of Westfield, MA, and his son, William H. Johnson. The original pipes used a mechanical linkage, or βtracker actionβ, to open the valves, allowing air to flow in the pipes and create sound. After the collapse of the sanctuary floor in 1957, the organ was installed in its current location in the rear balcony and rebuilt by Chester A. Raymond of Princeton, N.J., in 1959. At this time, the pipes were upgraded to a pneumatic mechanism, which uses compressed air to control the valves.
The organ has undergone several renovations since 1959, including a console replacement in 1989. The current console consists of three keyboard manuals and 27 ranks of pipes plus, three 16β extensions and chimes. The Great division was repositioned by Kerner and Merchant Pipe Organ Builders, Ltd., in 1994, and was renovated in 2004. UCFβs organ is mentioned in the book, The Johnson Organs: The Story of One of Our Famous American Organ Builders, by John Van Varick Elsworth and edited by Donald R. M. Paterson.
Was Presbyterian. Electrified and enlarged by Chester Raymond c. 1960.
Webpage Links: Our Historic Organ & Pipes
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit