Karn-Morris Piano & Organ Co.
1916

St. James the Apostle Anglican Church

437 Ottawa St. North
Hamilton, ON, CA

11 Ranks
Instrument ID: 70228 ● Builder ID: 3278 ● Location ID: 60684
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

No images are available. If you have pictures of this instrument, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add Image

STOPLISTS

No stoplist details are available. If you have stoplists, please consider sharing them with us.

Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Unknown
Position: Unknown
Design: Unknown
Pedalboard Type: Unknown
Features:
2 Manuals Electrical Key ActionElectrical Stop Action

Stop Layout: Unknown
Expression Type: Unknown
Combination Action: Unknown
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Not Extant and Not Playable in this location

Andrew Henderson on January 22nd, 2024:

From The Hamilton Spectator (December 23, 1916): "At the 11 o'clock service to-morrow the Bishop of Niagara will dedicated the new memorial pipe organ just installed, and it will be used at that service for the first time, in St. James' Anglican Church. It has been constructed by the Karn Morris firm, of Woodstock, Ont., and is the last word in organ building. It is electric in action, and the wind is supplied by a motor in the basement, where also the generator is situated to operate the action. It has cost $2,600, most of which has already been raised by the rector of the parish, Rev. G. W. Tebbs ... The organ is built in two portions, half on each side of the chancel, and raised seven feet from the ground on galleries. The display pipes are of plain gold finish, and the casing of quarter-cut oak. The consul [sic] is placed beneath the gallery on the south side of the chancel. The instrument is exceedingly sweet in tone, and will be a worthy memorial to so many of the grave [sic] lads of the east end of the city who have laid down their lives for King and country."


Paul R. Marchesano on August 4th, 2023:

Church now closed. Organ acquired, relocated with 2008 additions to St. James Anglican Church, Dundas, ON by D. Leslie Smith. -- information from 2023 OHS Handbook

Related Instrument Entries: D. Leslie Smith (2008)

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society