Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
Something missing?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Console
Identified from notes on a related OHS Database entry. -- When the church was built in 1818, it was fitted with a Thomas Hall, Philadelphia, of three manuals, 22 stops, and Pedal Bass (no pipes-later altered-from Great Double), 1400 pipes (number given in proposal-but actually somewhat more)
In a rear gallery-case in Lyre form by Maximilien Godefroy, architect of church.
An apparent fire ca. 1847 seems to have damaged or destroyed the Hall, which was replaced in a newly rebuilt gallery in 1847 by a three-manual, 37-stop Appleton and Warren.
This was later replaced inthe newly reconstructed interior of church by an 1893 Henry Niemann two manual, 25-rank organ (with Barker Lever) given by Baltimore philanthropist Enoch Pratt. It is still in regular use (with three additions using Niemann pipes).
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit