Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors, who make it possible for us to continue our mission of preserving and promoting the rich history of pipe organs across the globe.
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
From Rev'd John Richard Hendricks: A modified Gothic Episcopal Church On Euclid Ave. in Cleveland Ohio's “Millionaires Row”. Built: 1901 Destroyed: 2014. The deserted structure was purchased by the Cleveland Clinic. The Cleveland Clinic Holiday Inn now located on this property. http://www.historyeveryday.org/church-of-the-transfiguration--cle.html. “the demolition of the Church of the Transfiguration a grave misfortune for Clevelanders who wish to find glimpses of the past that harken back to the golden age of their city”. Episcopal Bishop Mark Hollingsworth closed “the dilapidated and deteriorated church". The church was designed by famous architects Cram, Goodhue, & Ferguson, who were noted for their Gothic Revival buildings all throughout North America. Cleveland Clinic also purchased the Cleveland OH Euclid Ave Church of God and the Euclid Ave Congregation Church.
Updated through online information from Jim Hopkins. -- Emmanual Episcopal Church merged with Church of the Incarnation, Cleveland in 1991 and was re-named Church of the Transfiguration, although they remained in Emmanuel's Euclid Ave. building. Demolition of Emmanuel Episcopal Church was completed in January, 2014.
Updated through online information from Scott Hayes. -- 20 some partial and complete ranks were removed from the church building on December 9, and placed into storage. Many stops are missing their bottom octaves, and several reed stops were severely damaged. The hope is to restore them for eventual reuse in the future Trinity Cathedral, Cleveland choir organ.
Updated through online information from Ronald D. Gibson. -- 20 November, 2013. The organ is endangered. Building and land were abandoned previously now acquired by The Cleveland Clinic Foundation. Cleveland Landmarks Commission has authorized the Cleveland Clinic Foundation to order demolition, perhaps within several months. Residue of the organ is available for sale.
Updated through online information from Ronald Gibson. -- Organ (residue) currently; (September, 2013), endangered! Abandoned church building. 4-manual Console/bench missing. Half of the organ is inadequately stored in the church basement for many years and has suffered some moisture damage. Pipe ranks may be nearly complete but some trebles are missing. Overall condition is poor.
Updated through information adapted from E. M. Skinner/Aeolian-Skinner Opus List, by Sand Lawn and Allen Kinzey (Organ Historical Society, 1997), and included here through the kind permission of Sand Lawn: After 1957 fire console removed; pipework subsequently removed in 1988 by David Dortch.
Status Note: There 1991.
Church merged with another. Used Hammond c. 1991. Console damaged in fire.
Webpage Links: Opus 245: Emmanuel Episcopal Church
Related Instrument Entries: Muller Pipe Organ Company (2021)
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit