Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
Something missing?Add Image
Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
The organ was dedicated on Sunday afternoon, April 28, 1963. Participants included George Matthew, Jr., organist; Bruce Angell, organist; The Chancel Choir, Gerald Mack, Director of Music; and Mrs. Mary Hixon Mack, soprano soloist.
"The Memorial Organ was first installed in 1937 by the Aeolian-Skinner Organ Company of Boston by Mrs. Edwin Binney as a memorial to her husband. When the Meetinghouse was enlarged in 1952 this organ was revoiced and augmented by the Möller Organ Company of Hagerstown, Maryland, and dedicated in Memory of Edwin Binnery and in Appreciation of Alice Stead Binney. Many of the ranks used in these two instruments have been retained in this present organ. Built by Angell Pipe Organs, Inc., Rye, New York, our Memorial Organ has been specifically designed for this Meetinghouse and ultilizes the distinctive acoustical properties of the building, with its provision for gallery as well as chancel organ components." --from the Dedication Booklet
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit