Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit
We are grateful for the generous support of our sponsors, who make it possible for us to continue our mission of preserving and promoting the rich history of pipe organs across the globe.
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit
| GREAT🛈 | ||
| 8' | Open Diapason | 61 |
| 8' | Open Flute | 61 |
| 8' | Viole d'Orchestre | 73 |
| 8' | Stopped Flute | SW |
| 8' | Viole d'Amour | SW |
| 4' | Octave | SW |
| 4' | Flute | SW |
| 8' | Tuba | 61 |
| 8' | Clarinet🛈 | 61 |
| 4' | Tuba | 12 |
| SWELL (Expressive)🛈 | ||
| 16' | Bourdon | 61 |
| 8' | Open Diapason | 73 |
| 8' | Stopped Flute | 12 |
| 8' | Viole d'Amour | 61 |
| 8' | Viole Celeste | 61 |
| 8' | Viole d'Orchestre | GT |
| 4' | Flute | 12 |
| 4' | Viola | 12 |
| 2 2⁄3' | Twelfth | 7 |
| 2' | Piccolo | 5 |
| 8' | Tuba | GT |
| Tremulant |
| PEDAL🛈 | ||
| 16' | Open Diapason | 12 GT Open Flute 8 |
| 16' | Bourdon | 32 |
| 16' | Lieblich Gedeckt | SW |
| 10 2⁄3' | Quint | SW |
| 8' | Flute | 12 |
| 8' | Tuba | GT |
Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit
Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit
From the NYC AGO Organ Project, Steven Lawson: During the winter of 1902-1903, informal conferences discussed the idea of new buildings for the work of Christ Church. Following the sudden death of Rev. Maltbie D. Babcock, pastor of the Brick Church from 1900-01, there was a memorial gift of $50,000 designated to provide new buildings. Real estate conditions increased the value of the property on 35th Street, and it was deemed advisable to sell. By April 1903, over $100,000 was in hand, and the trustees were able to purchase an excellent lot, with a frontage of 125 feet, on West 36th Street, between Eighth and Ninth Avenues. In November 1903, plans for the new buildings, designed in the English Gothic style by Parish & Schroeder, were accepted. The buildings would provide space for a large Sunday-school room, bowling alleys, gymnasium, pool room, library, workshop, and kitchen. Ground was broken in June 1904, and the cornerstone was laid on October 26, 1904. The church house was named in memory of Rev. Babcock, and the church was in recognition of Rev. Henry van Dyke, pastor of the Brick Church from 1883-1900. The completed buildings were dedicated on Sunday, October 29, 1905. After Christ Church closed, the buildings were converted to other uses and are now the Postgraduate Center of Mental Health.
Updated through online information from Connor Annable.
Updated through online information from Jeff Scofield.
Identified from factory documents and publications courtesy of Stephen Schnurr.
Webpage Links: Christ Presbyterian Church - New York City
Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit