Henry (Heinrich) F. Berger
1854

Notre-Dame de l'Assomption

Arichat, NS, CA

11 Ranks - 458 Pipes
Instrument ID: 24973 ● Builder ID: 536 ● Location ID: 22098
⬆️ These are database IDs that may change. Don't use as academic reference.EXPLORE IMAGESVIEW STOPLIST

Something not quite correct?Suggest an Edit

IMAGES

Category:
Only show images in a specific category ☝️

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ImageorSuggest an Edit

STOPLISTS

Selected Item:
View additional stoplist entries if they exist ☝️
Click on a stop or division name for additional details if marked with 🛈.

There are two foot levers on the right of the console -- one to open the stops (4' Principal to Cornet) and the other to close them.

Open In New Tab

Something missing or not quite correct?Add StoplistorSuggest an Edit

CONSOLES

Selected Item:
View additional console entries if they exist ☝️

Builder: Unknown
Position: Keydesk Attached, Manuals Set Into Case
Design: Traditional With Hinged Doors That Enclose Keyboards
Pedalboard Type: Unknown
Features:
1 Manuals 9 StopsMechanical (Unknown) Key ActionMechanical Stop Action

Stop Layout: Drawknobs in Vertical Rows on Flat Jambs
Expression Type: Unknown
Combination Action: Unknown
Control System: Unknown or N/A

Something missing or not quite correct?Add ConsoleorSuggest an Edit

DETAILS

Switch between notes, documents, audio, and blowers ☝️
This instrument is: Extant and Playable in this location

Database Manager on January 27th, 2007:

Updated through on-line information from Barbara Owen.


Database Manager on January 26th, 2007:

Updated through information from Barbara Owen.


Database Manager on January 11th, 2007:

Identified through information from Freeman A. Dryden via e-mail: We are trying to determine the builder and other details of an organ which, from available information was installed in our Parish Church around 1850. (John Bishop, of the Organ Clearing House, suggests it may be by Henry Erben.) At that time (and for some 40 years afterwards) our church was the Cathedral of the diocese. In the 1890s the See was removed to the mainland at Antigonish and took that name. Our church, Notre-Dame de l'Assomption, Arichat, Nova Scotia is still regularly using this organ and with virtually no professional attention it has remained in a state for 150 years. There is no nameplate to be found, and there are no obvious indications of who built it or installed it. Several give conflicting information on its provenance one stating <...from Boston.>; another <...from Philadelphia.> (It MAY have been purchased from another church???) All seem to agree that it arrived in our church around 1850. David Storey is to examine the organ in 2007 and make recommendations for restoration.

Something missing or not quite correct?Add NoteorAdd WebpageorAdd Cross ReferenceorSuggest an Edit

Pipe Organ Database

A project of the Organ Historical Society